Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Weekly Report, from Jacob's 9/23/2012 Email

This week we helped integrate the new Elders into their new surroundings. It was quite fun actually! They are tidy which is nice. It is hard to write down what has happened in a week when it all seems so long ago. This week included a trip to Ipoh for Passport reasons, which naturally included pampering by Sister Chis, who is every Missionaries adoptive mother. :D

Well, Miracles first:

1) This one is kind of strange, but let it be known that the Atonement of Jesus Christ works in strange and marvelous ways, including allowing you to delay bodily functions.

2) We were able to meet with Mercy*, who had some wonderful questions, and was a lot more comfortable talking with us. The first time we meet she seemed aloof, but was completely changed this last time.

3) An inactive member named Andy* showed up out of the blue to sacrament meeting. He is 17 years old, and said that he just felt like coming to church! We were able to get his number and will be working with him and William Tell* :D

4) At FHE we were able to see 3 non-members show up! They all enjoyed themselves, and were able to build relationships with the members, it was wonderful :D

5) Everything worked out at the immigration office! :D

6) Another inactive member agreed to meet with us, and actually let us into his house for the first time! His family are not members, and are very nice!

7) Sister Thumbelina* is going to be able to come to Sacrament next week!!! :D Other than that, it rained, and it rained, and it rained rained rained rained. (How The Grinch Stole Christmas-- read in Daddy Blacks best Grinch reading voice)!

Well, thought of the week:

The Atonement is not just used to make bad men good, but good men better. Elder Bednar has a wonderful talk on this (I am sorry that is so vague, but I can't recall what the talk is called). I have been thinking of Elder Bednar's talk in connection with the scripture Ether 12:27. We are all given weaknesses, may they be patience, pride, or procrastination. Yet, as we recognize our faults, good men can change, and become better. Procrastinators are able, through the enabling power of Christ, to become efficient organized, and prompt. Change through the Atonement is one of the gifts of Christ. He truly did take upon him our pains, AFFLICTIONS (including self inflicted afflictions...), and infirmities. We often times should not ask God to change our circumstances, but rather to strengthen us to be able to endure, learn from and triumph over the challenges we face.

There are defining points in every stage of ones life. In every decision we make now, our future is determined. Step by step, line upon line, precept upon precept, men become who they want to be. It is never to late to change, it is never to late to return.

As a special witness of Jesus Christ: I would like to share my own testimony of my Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. There are few times where I will ever have this opportunity to serve with Him in His vineyard, to reap with Him the rewards of saving souls. My Savior not only has allowed me a remission of sins, but has provided the sacrament as the means for me to retain this remission of sins. As I continually change my self, my thoughts, words, actions, and desires, I become more the son of God that I am. I know that my God is a living God. A loving God. In the name of the Almighty Redeemer, even Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love you all! Continue in my love =D

Elder Black

*All names have been changed for the insanity of the writer of this news.

No comments:

Post a Comment