Sunday, March 10, 2013

3/10/2013 Tell Celeste congratulations


1) Tell Celeste congratulations! Tell Jacob as well :D I was fasting for Celeste to be able to feel me  there.  I hope it worked.  =D
2) On Wednesday we fly to Singapore, so I will be able to pick up the package that you sent me for my birthday!
3) Elder Chong is a wonderful companion! I love him so much! 

Everything is going pretty well right now, I just always have to remember to stay on guard at all times! I love the Lord, and I  am so grateful that while I am here trying to prepare to prepare people to receive the ordinances of the temple, our family is being enlarged and drawn closer together through Celeste going to the temple! :D


...

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I got Celeste's wedding invitation on the 9th here (I think that's the 8th there), and it made my day very special! How are all of my favorite people in the whole wide world?! I bet you are all having so much fun thinking of memories that we've all shared together! I would try to answer all of the questions you asked me, but I would be here (random internet kedai) all day!  Most importantly, I want to share a personal insight on this happy day!

Missionary Work isn't just for missionaries! Celeste and Jacob just performed missionary work.  The temple is the house of the Lord.  They just covenanted with God to help Him "bring to pass the immortality of man (Moses 1:39)."  As their children are born into the world, they will suffer, rejoice, cry, learn, grow, and so much more! I am so greatful that all of you are part of my eternal family! I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is centered in families.  There is no other purpose of the Gospel than to have true happiness in the home.  I know this is true.  I feel that it is true.  I know by the power of the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I know by experience that the Priesthood is indeed restored on the earth and that the Prophet President Thomas S. Monson holds all of the keys! I know with all surety of soul, that I hold this Priesthood, and that the Lord Works through me for the benefit of all of His children here.  I know these things are all restored in order to bring US happiness! Don't be sad! Never be depressed! Use your agency to choose happiness! We can't always choose our circumstances, or what is happening around us, but we have been given agency, and with agency comes the ability to choose, and accept the responsibility both small and great, of each of our actions.  Do the simple things. Read your scriptures, pray with real intent.  Attend church.  I know that your lives will all be blessed immeasurably by these "small and simple things."  

Love,
Elder Jacob Emmanuel Black!

No comments:

Post a Comment