Monday, July 15, 2013

7/15/13

Transfer Update: I am staying in Borneo with Elder Fabiano for another 2 weeks at least :D


On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Jacob Black <jacobeblack@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Daddy:  I am so grateful for your email, although I think that your "reveal-a-lator" is askew in assuming I would be a General Authority! Transfers are happening today. so in about 5 minutes I will know where I am going to next, but It's nice to know that wherever I go, your love is there for me! I love you so much Daddy! I am glad you are able to be such a great example of magnifying your calling and helping me in your example!

Mommy:  Haha! I am even happier to be your son! I was just thinking as I started responding to your email-- I wonder if when we got our mission call, and were assigned to a world and period of time, I wonder if we received those calls as families?  I wonder how long before you came down to the world that I knew you would be my Mommy and I watched your example! I love you Mommy!! I just recently began working as hard as I know how to build a stronger relationship with God (Helaman 5:12) that when the devil sends forth his mighty shafts.... etc I will be able to be firml rooted in the relationship I have with God, and flee from sin as Joseph of Egypt knowing I  can not sin against God.

Richard:  In case no one ever told you before, you're pretty much the best Richard in the world! I love you so much! I am so proud of all the things you are doing to prepare for a mission! I encourage you to get on a bike, take it around, and get good at doing all around repairs on the bike :D Also, if you get called to this mission (and I hope you do!) Make sure to bring bike lights! :D I am so happy to hear you are preparing with all your heart might mind and strength! I love you!

Corina:  WOW!!! A talk on Sunday! You're growing up so fast! How did it go?! I think the reason everyone told you it was so good, is because it WAS!!!! I love you so much! I can see that you are doing your best to follow the counsel God has given you through your patriarchal blessing, and I can see that you are growing in testimony and love! Keep it up princess! :D

Rebekah:  Rebekah! That's awesome! What do you think your favorite thing about playing the piano is?  I think that girls who play the piano are very attractive! :D

Joshua:  You don't know what to say my big brother?! I am so grateful you told me you love me! I asked President Mains for an extension until May 22nd or 23rd, but he said he is not sure if that will work or not, because there are not that many missionaries who speak Chinese, so it might make a threesome of Elders.  I love you though! I will be back in less than a year! (He told me it would be impossible to extend farther than May) :(

Mandy:  I love you pretty girl! I think your shoes must look amazing! Tell me all about the summer! Do you like to swim? :D

I love you all! I will email back when I get transfer news :D


On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Kelly Black <kgb@blackoasis.us> wrote:
Mandy:
Church: Jesus. Mommy. Daddy. Temple. Joshua. a me room. Joshua a me room.a dress.
Did you go shopping? Yes. Did you like it? Yes. A shoes on! Shoes on!Jump.

Dear brother of mine,
I am so proud of you out in the mission field. It's so good to know that you are sharing the good news with others. Don't forget that the gospel is something to sing about. Rise, and shine, and sing out the glory, glory! It's a little bit silly in the song, but the commandment is still there to rise and shine for the Lord. today was the last day of the mission prep class this time around. We were supposed to have taught a family the first lesson, but I had some scheduling issues so I'm still working on it. The class doesn't start up again until August 18, so it'll be a bit sad. The fam is planning a trip up to Northern Arizona for a bit in a few weeks.  I am super stoked.  Seth Campbell leaves on his mission in sixteen days to Carlsbad California and I believe Mason Duncan got back yesterday, but I've been mistaken before. Love you tons.
El Ricardo Negro

Dear Jacob. I am taking piano lessons from Jacob hofeling. He is a crazy piano person. It's really fun, because every other week he does group lessons, which are really fun. Ilove you. Love Rebekah.

Hi, Jacob. Mom. Joshua. Joshua. Joshua. Mom. Mom. Mom. Look, Jacob. Doing? Ummm... Hi, Jacob. Jacob, In there. Errr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;;;;;;;;;;mmmmmmmmmmmmm,l,l,lllllllll hllllllllllj;j;j;j;j;;;;;jjjjjjllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll,,ljl;k;k;lk/////////////////////;;;;llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll,,,kkkkkkk;';,'<Jj,'u. u-
,m][ ;;              ?m<
( She is looking at your picture.)
Love, Mandy

Dear Jacob,

I was reading my missionary journal for my first day in the the mission field and remembered things I had completely forgotten about:
  • On the way to Colombia, I met Howard W. Hunter twice at airports. Both times, he saw our name tags and came right up to us and was really glad to see us. It really made our day. Remember that when you're a general authority. :-)
  • When I got to the Bogota airport, the press of people offering taxi services was at first overwhelming. I just wasn't used to people getting that loud and close to me. But then I saw the old familiar missionary name tags and felt right at home.
I also found a list of people I baptized. Started checking to see if any are on facebook. Hard to tell; a bunch of similar names.

Anyway, I was thinking about you and that's what started me thinking about my mission. I love and pray for you.

Love, Dad

Jacob,
I am so Glad to be your mom!.  Thank you for The picture you painted.  It was pretty in my mind.  I know you are always in the Lord's hand.  We had a missionary farewell for Nate Barney today.  it was great!  I helped well, I sat in with Dad as he taught the 11year olds today.  They were eleven year olds.  Dad taught about the kirtland temple and the restoration of the sealing power.  He spoke about the authority that Jesus Christ gave to his disciples and that they passed on to Joseph Smith. I'm so thankful for this knowledge.  I'm so thankful for the opportunity for you to study and teach the gospel.  Never forget that your greatest convert will be yourself.  Make sure you recieve a testimony of all that you teach.  I love you so much and pray for you always.  Stay close to the Lord and he will stay close to you.

Many much love to my stripling warrior across the world.
Mommy

Dear Jacob,
     Today I gave a talk about the first two paragraphs of The Living Christ. I worried and fretted over it, especially since a week ago my name was in the program and no one had told me to talk! Anyway, I wrote my talk and re-wrote it, and wrote it again. Finally I decided it was pretty good and asked Dad about it.  He said it was really good. Then this morning at church I realized that it was WAY too short! So I sat up there, revising it and re-revising it till it felt pretty good. I wasn't really that nervous, except for about the length of it. Then afterwards, EVERY-one came and said how great my talk was.  I don't know why!  Anyway, Saturday we went to good will and I found the coolest patterns EVER!!! Okay, maybe not. But still! I have been getting a lot of money recently! Since my quest to buy all my own clothing, It has been dissappearing almost as quickly as it appears, as well as getting things for camp.  And paying Dad and Mom back for the Ukelele.  It is a great blessing.  Today after church, I went through the clothes in my closet and threw out quite a few of them, And then helped Rebekah do the same to her clothes!:) My patriarchal Blessing said to find service, and that is what Bro. Klein-man talked about today!  it was radical! I have really been trying to work on it.  I liked the picture that you painted for us.  It was very beautiful.  Thank you for the glimpse.  I love you!!! P.S. I am taking piano lessons from Celeste again!!!
     I love you sooo much!!!!
             Love,
         Corina R. Black(the first)!!
Dear Jacob,
 I love you!  I don't know of anything else to say except for this.  When are you gonna come home?  Your the best missionary brother.  I went to a to a baptism tonight.

love
Joshua


No comments:

Post a Comment